Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

I Know The Pain

The Pain
By
Sonny


I know the pain and sorrow
That drives a man to hell
Beware the call from the black pit
Old Satan’s evil spell

The music is so inviting
It lures you to come and play
Then spits you out like a foul taste
And steals your soul away

It smothers your inhibitions
It promises love and gold
As soon as it sucks your life out
You’re banished into the cold

It teaches you you’re unworthy
It laughs at the tears you shed
Forever to hold you captive
In the underground of the dead

Run while there’s still breath in you
Flee to the burning light
Jesus in all HIS glory
Will come to protect your flight

Never again to worry
Dear Jesus has set me free
Though I am undeserving
Messiah has died for me

Yet worry not HE is with us
Death could not keep HIM down
He sits on HIS throne in heaven
Wearing the HOLY CROWN

Never again to worry
Look what’s been done for me
Never would I have dreamed it
With JESUS eternally


No comments:

Post a Comment